Greetings,
This blog is just going to be used for various collections of thoughts and/or information. As such, I will start with something I'm working on - specifically the EPL Rosters for 2010-11.
You see, for this season, the Premier League has brought in some new rules regarding roster size.
-No team can have more than 25 senior players
-8 of those 25 must be "Homegrown"
-Teams can use as many under-21 players as they like
Now, under-21 is as of January 1st, 2010, so when the season ends, it's more like under-22.3541667, but hey, that's just semantics. (Thus any players born in 89 are under-21, and any born in 88 are over-21)
Also, "Homegrown" does not mean English (or Welsh). It actually refers to players who spent at least 3 years with an English or Welsh team between their 16th and 21st birthdays.
How loans fit into that, I'm not really sure. I suspect that they will count, no matter which way they work, just because it'd make everyone's lives easier. You don't want to punish teams for sending youth players out on loan, and you might as well count any time foreign players spend in England/Wales, even if they're just on loan there.
So here we go with the current rosters, based on wikipedia's "First Team Rosters". I will try to update them as transfer news comes in, but no guarantees.
I will go in order of last seasons table, for no apparent reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment